- What happens to the brain when it suffers an injury
- How ABI affects children and young people’s learning
- How to best support a young person with an ABI in school
All resources supplied with the kind permission of our friends at The National Acquired Brain Injury in Learning and Education Syndicate, The United Kingdom Acquired Brain Injury Forum and the Child Brain Injury Trust.
- ABI Return – Children and Young People with Acquired Brain Injury - guiding their return to education booklet
- ABI Return Poster
- Acquired brain injury: A ‘hidden’ condition schools
- Acquired brain injury: A ‘hidden’ condition schools (references)
- ABI Return: Guidance for Children and Young People with ABI’s Return to Education
- ABI Aware School - Award
In addition to these resources, Whole School SEND regularly hosts events to support colleagues working with children and young people with acquired brain injuries; their website continues to be a strong source of information. An account is required for this website.